Saturday, February 1, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #62

Hey there, happy weekend!

I hope you are having a relaxing one.  I was able to make a little card for the CAS(E) this sketch challenge for this week.  I recently bought some Gelatos made by Faber-Castell, and really wanted to play with them.  I have a hard time getting messy, so I figured this would be a good way to practice getting "messy."   


I took a white panel, masked off the areas I didn't want color and going from dark to light, blended three colors of pigment onto it.  I then dried it with my heat tool, and white embossed my sentiment, from Avery Elle's Handwritten Notes set.  I cut the words apart, and staked them to fit better on the panel.


I then lined the inked area with black cardstock strips and added two die cut branches from the Laurels dies and stamped and heat embossed on vellum using the coordinating stamps.  To finish it off, I added a glittery button.  I then back the panel onto some vellum for a sort look and adhered it to a white card base.

Here is a look at the sketch:


Thanks so much for stopping by!



9 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the ombré colors in your diagonal panel--so pretty, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy came out looking pretty good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pretty...LOVE that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful, Lindsay! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to have found you when featured as guest artist over at PCL! I want to feature this card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library next week. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed spotting your card on the trendy tuesday article, great card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS